The purpose of the Library Committee is to act as a channel of communication and dialogue between the Central Library and its users. The objective is to aid in the establishment a bridge between the Central Library and the library users.
The function of the Library Committee is to inform itself of the functioning of the library so "it can assist in developing operational procedures; to assist in development of both personnel and fiscal policies and procedures; to advise the Faculty & Students Council and the president concerning the direction and growth of the Library.
Following are the members of the University Library Committee nominated/elected in different categories.
- Dr. R.S. Gaud – Campus Director
Deans / Associate Dean of faculties, nominated by the Campus Director
Chief Accountant & Administrator, Shirpur Campus
- Dr. Nikhlesh Kumar Sharma - Director, MPSTME
- Dr. Gowri Sankara Rao, Dean, SAST
- Dr. Ashwini S. Deshpande - Associate Dean,SPTM
- Dr. P.P.Raichurkar, Associate Dean, MPSTME, CTF
Local Purchase Committee Members - LPC
- Shri Rahul Dande
- Shri Gopal Bhandariji, Member LPC
- Shri Prasanabhai Jain, Member LPC
- Shri Baviskar Anna, Member LPC
- Dy REGISTRAR
- Shri Rajeev Dalal – Dy. Registrar.
- Student Representative
- Students Representative
- Ex-Officio Secretary
- Mr. Ravindra Mendhe, Deputy Librarian
Functions and Objectives:
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE OBJECTIVES OF THE COMMITTEE.
- It shall normally meet in the beginning of the academic year.
- To provide general direction to the Central Library.
- To review the school wise proposal of the library with regards to its support to theacademic programmes of the institute.
- To outline the library collection and development policy as and when required, in its implementation.
- To monitor and evaluate the trends and developments in information technologies, networking, library automation, library cooperation, Library timings etc., and to direct the library in their day to day function.
- To formulate action plan for the development of library infrastructure, facilities, products and services.
- Evaluate the suggestions offered by the library faculties and students.
- To formulate the policy for library use and procedure to be followed
- To assist library in providing need based information services.
- To assess the requirements of the new programmes being introduced and advice the authority of library about financial status to be improved
- Estimating the books procurement and allocation of budget accordingly
- To assist in stock verification, Weed out/Write off from the library stock
- To recommend the management to improve the library resources and facilities as to the need.
- Any other function as assigned by the chairperson of CLAC for overall development.
FUNCTIONS OF THE CENTRAL LIBRARY ADVISORY COMMITTEE:
Being the advisory body, there are various functions the library committee to perform.
The main functions of the Library Advisory Committee are;
- To review all proposal received from various school of Shirpur campus
- To give final decision and approval
- If the requirement above 1lackh then we should be forwarded for OB.
- To prepare proper collection development and selection policy for libraries.
- To formulate a development plan for the library
- To prepare budget proposals for the development of the Library
- To suggest the Deputy Librarian on the distribution of funds made available for the purchase of books, journals and other academic requirement.
- To seek feedback on Library functioning from users through the Library suggestion.
- To consider the annual report submitted by the Deputy Librarian
- To consider the views of Library users for improved Library services
- To take action against the users in irregularities with who have not return the library books on time.
- To take action against the users in case of any misbehavior which is beyond the control of the Deputy Librarian
- To take decision on the un-service-able/old books, missing/weeding out/write off books to replace.
- To approve the minutes of the previous Committee meetings.
- To recommend to the authorities for filling the staff requirements, vacant posts of the Library.
- The CLAC has the power of write off/loss of books any kind on reasonable ground may be implemented.